Applications for October 2021 start are now CLOSED
The London Interdisciplinary Social Science DTP is inviting applications for up to six ESRC-funded postdoctoral fellowships to be based at any of our partner institutions: King’s College London, Queen Mary University of London, or Imperial College London.
These fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills. Fellowships will provide funding for up to one year full-time, or up to two years part-time to cover the fellow’s salary plus up to £10,000 of additional costs (e.g., travel, conference attendance, training, fieldwork, mentoring time, etc.).
All Fellows are required to have a mentor based at the research organisation where the fellowship is held. The mentor should have experience and a strong interest in the applicant’s field of research but should not normally have been the applicant’s PhD supervisor. Proposals are welcome from both single disciplines and combinations of disciplines but the fellowship activities must be based at least 50% within the social sciences and must fall under one of LISS DTP’s Thematic Pathways: https://liss-dtp.ac.uk/thematic-pathways/.
The call is open to applicants who:
- have completed their PhD at a research organisation that is part of an ESRC-funded DTP or CDT and
- have no more than 12 months full-time (or pro rata equivalent) of active postdoctoral experience by the competition closing date (23 March 2021). This is defined as any post involving a research component – it does not include teaching-only contracts. The period is calculated between the date of the viva and 23 March 2021 (taking into account any career breaks).
- Applicants do not have to have had an ESRC-funded doctoral studentship in order to be eligible to apply.
- At the submission deadline (16.00 on 23 March 2021), the applicant must either have been awarded a PhD or have submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that the PhD will be awarded by the fellowship start date (1 October 2021).
All applicants must submit a completed application (ESRC application form and mandatory attachments) by 16.00 on 23 March 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should also complete a Diversity Monitoring Form here: https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/liss-dtp-postdoctoral-fellowship-diversity-monitoring-form
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in May 2021, with final decisions being communicated to applicants in June 2021.
Fellowships will commence on 1st October 2021.
- Full details about this Call are available here: [PDF] [Doc]
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found here: [PDF] [Doc]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Application form [PDF] [Doc]
Slides from the applicant briefing session held on the 9th February can be found here: LISS DTP PDF briefing 2021. The slides provide an overview of the scheme and application process.
For queries, please contact email@example.com.
Last updated – 25th March 2021