The London Interdisciplinary Social Science DTP is inviting applications for seven ESRC-funded postdoctoral fellowships to be based at any of our partner institutions: King’s College London, Queen Mary University of London, or Imperial College London.
These fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills. Fellowships will provide funding for up to one year full-time, or up to two years part-time to cover the fellow’s salary plus up to £10,000 of additional costs (e.g., travel, conference attendance, training, fieldwork, mentoring time, etc.).
All Fellows are required to have a mentor based at the research organisation where the fellowship is held. The mentor should have experience and a strong interest in the applicant’s field of research but should not normally have been the applicant’s PhD supervisor. Proposals are welcome from both single disciplines and combinations of disciplines but the fellowship activities must be based at least 50% within the social sciences and must fall under one of LISS DTP’s Thematic Pathways: https://liss-dtp.ac.uk/thematic-pathways/.
The call is open to applicants who:
- have completed their PhD at a research organisation that is part of an ESRC-funded DTP or CDT and
- have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience by the competition closing date (23rd March 2018).
- Applicants do not have to have had an ESRC-funded doctoral studentship in order to be eligible to apply.
- At the submission deadline (23rd March 2018), the applicant must either have been awarded a PhD or have submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that the PhD will be awarded by the fellowship start date (1st October 2018).
Applicants are required to submit a completed application form by 16.00 on 23rd March 2018 via the King’s HireWire page: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=78422.
Please also email the required attachments (in either Word or PDF format) in a single email to email@example.com before this deadline. Please ensure you quote the reference number R6/RGS/2719/17-SB in the subject line of the email.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in May 2018, with final decisions being communicated to applicants in June 2018. Fellowships will commence on 1st October 2018.
- Full details about this call are available here: [PDF] [Doc]
- A list of institutions where applicants must have completed their PhD can be found here: [PDF]
- A list of frequently asked questions and associated answers can be found here: [PDF] [Doc]
There will an information event and Q&A on Thursday 22nd February at 3pm in Room K-1.56, King’s Building, King’s College London, Strand Campus: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/study/handbook/about/strandvwbmap.pdf (nearest tube Temple).
We will also be holding a Webinar on Tuesday 6th March at 5.30pm. To book your place, please click here
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated – Tuesday 20 February 2018