LISS DTP Activity Funding
The LISS DTP awards two types of funding to support LISS DTP Students and Pathway Leads to deliver cohort
development and engagement events:
Student Led Activity Funding
LISS DTP invites applications from PhD students and staff at any of our three partner institutions for funding to support interdisciplinary events. To qualify for funding, your event must:
- Involve at least 1 LISS DTP funded student as an organiser. Please see a list of our current funded cohort here.
- Be student-centred (primarily organised by and/or for students).
- Be accessible to students from all 3 institutions.
- Be open to all LISS DTP affiliated students (although priority may be given to LISS DTP funded students if enrolment needs to be capped for resource reasons).
- Have at least 1 activity within 3 months of the closing date of the call
- Have a LISS DTP pathway lead as the academic ‘sponsor’ who agrees to manage the funding (sponsor should be based at the institution where the majority of funds will be spent)
Activities eligible for funding can include one-off events like a workshop or conference, or recurring events like reading groups, seminar series, etc. We encourage innovative and imaginative proposals.
We are very happy to receive applications to co-fund events with other DTPs or other organisations.
We can consider applications for up to £3000. Requests are reviewed quarterly on the first working Monday of January, April, June and October. Decisions will take up to 2 weeks after this deadline. LISS DTP reserves the right to limit reviewing out-of-cycle requests, Pathways students should plan appropriately and submit their application for funding within the quarterly review periods.Applicants are encouraged to discuss their proposals with the Deputy Director for Training and Cohort Development (Professor Lasse Thomassen) and/or with their pathway representative.
Pathway Led Activity Funding
LISS DTP provides each Pathway with at least £5,000 p/a to deliver development activities that are open to both LISS-funded and non-funded doctoral students at all three LISS institutions.
Each Pathway should organise at least one careers/employability event each year. Activities can take a variety of form including, but not limited to, workshops, guest lectures, reading groups or retreats. To access funds, complete the Pathway Funding Request Form (below).
Requests are reviewed quarterly on the first working Monday of January, April, June and October. Decisions will take up to 2 weeks after this deadline.
LISS DTP reserves the right to limit reviewing out-of-cycle requests, Pathways students should plan appropriately and submit their application for funding within the quarterly review periods.
Note that we can only release funds if all the Pathway Leaders within a pathway agree to the arrangement- please discuss this amongst yourselves, and then complete the form on behalf of the pathway. Please contact LISS DTP in advance to discuss plans if you are unsure.
To complete your application click below: