- This event has passed.
Understanding the REF: A quick primer for PGRs (and anyone else interested)
28th July 2020 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Webinar – Tuesday, 28 July 2020, 2:00pm – 3:00pm
The REF is an endless topic of discussion but it can be very unclear exactly what it is, how it works, why it seems to come up so often, and what (if anything) it might mean for you.
This webinar aims to solve those minor mysteries.
This York Law School webinar will provide an overview of the REF, including:
- what it is and why it matters to institutions and departments
- the three main areas of outputs, impact and environment for REF 2021
- the criteria for excellence
- what a department’s REF submission must contain
- what it means for individual staff in departments
- some of the implications for recruitment to academic posts
- how understanding the REF might inform and improve your skills and knowledge
- how understanding the REF might assist you in careers outside academia.
Who might find it useful? It will be aimed especially at PGRs but it might be of interest to anyone – Admin, PBL, T&S, ART – who simply wants to know how it works. It should be equally relevant to Law and other Social Sciences or Arts and Humanities disciplines.
The seminar will include a 25-30 mins presentation followed by a 20-25 mins Q&A. If you want to attend but are unable to watch live, please register to view the recording at a later date
More details and register online.