- This event has passed.
LISS DTP The art and craft of editing (Online delivery)
Editing generates almost visceral anxiety in doctoral students, mainly through misunderstanding exactly what it is and how to do it. This highly practical one-day workshop clarifies the difference between writing and editing; examines the different types of editing; acknowledges the emotional impact of self-editing and being edited by others; and looks at the benefits and pitfalls of collaborative editing. Participants will be encouraged to bring some of their own work on which to practise all the day’s activities. By the end of the workshop you should be better able to:
- look at your work objectively (aspirations and weaknesses)
- deal with the emotional side of editing
- see what the main problems are in your text
- differentiate between different types of editing and the function of each type
- apply editing frameworks to a whole work, a section, a paragraph, a sentence
- apply editing techniques to others’ work
- apply editing techniques to your own work
- be able to share editing tips and techniques with others
Please note that this workshop may be held at King’s College London campus instead of online delivery.
You will be automatically redirected to the appropriate Eventbrite page shortly.
If you are not automatically redirected, please visit the page manually here: Evenbrite
Picture credit: hdaniel