LISS offers extensive collaborative training opportunities with external partners outside HE. In particular, LISS students have the opportunity to work with partners in involved in:
- areas of national and international policy, both with governmental and non-governmental entities, and
- the private sector, both in the creative and the commercial sectors.
LISS students are encouraged to take up internships on either a full- or part-time basis and funding is provided to facilitate this.
Internship opportunities currently available can be found on this page.
As a first point of interest please contact:
- The Kings Policy Institute: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/policy-institute/about
- Queen Mary’s Mile End Institute: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/mei/
- Queen Mary’s Cultural Network: https://networkcentre.uk
- For internship opportunities at Imperial, in relation to the relevant pathways, please contact Dr. Arnab Majumdar (email@example.com)
Training for engagement with external partners
LISS-DTP provides training for researchers to engage with external partners:
- A six week programme for social scientists about connecting with industry run by Skillfluence Ltd. beginning in September 2020: https://liss-dtp.ac.uk/event/connecting-with-industry-for-social-scientists-6-week-interactive-masterclass-for-liss-dtp-researchers/
- A weekly 6 month programme run by Code-Switch Consultants to Engage in Knowledge Exchange with Business whilst Leading and Planning on a Multi-disciplinary Project. Further details soon.